Friday, June 30, 2023

Me and Hot Temperatures

Those of you who follow this blog may have noticed that I haven't posted anything on here for several weeks, whereas I usually post around once a week. It's because I've been sick and in hospital for almost a week. Still recuperating, but I hope to get back to my once-a-week schedule before long. 

On a historical note, yesterday the temperature reached 102 here in Joplin, which, I believe, the TV weatherman said last night matched the highest ever recorded on the same date (June 29). That previous record was set in 1953, which, as I recall, had some very hot temperatures in late June. The month of July 1954, however, was the hottest ever in the Ozarks. I think an extended drought and period of above-average temps lasted from 1953 to 1956 or something like that. Of course, worldwide the hottest summers on record have almost all been just in the past 10-15 years. 


No comments:

John Stansberry the Uxoricide

In the fall of 1885, John Stansberry (aka Stansbury) married 27-year-old Mary "Mollie" Eubank in Newton County, Missouri. In the s...