Monday, December 4, 2023

Surgery

I said a couple of weeks ago, when my wife had a health crisis, that the concerns of everyday life sometimes supersede writing about history, and I guess today is going to be another example of that, because today I'm going to write about my own health issue. 

On Friday morning I had double hernia surgery. Not a life-threatening crisis the way my wife's pulmonary embolisms were, by any means, but it was the first time I'd ever had surgery of any kind. So, it was a little scary, but it seems to have gone pretty well and I'm not feeling too bad. The weekend brought some pain, but it's eased up today, and I think I'm on the road to recovery. 

Still, I don't really feel up to researching and writing about Ozarks history. I hope to be back close to normal by next week so that I can resume diving into regional history, whatever topic I might come up with.

No comments:

John Stansberry the Uxoricide

In the fall of 1885, John Stansberry (aka Stansbury) married 27-year-old Mary "Mollie" Eubank in Newton County, Missouri. In the s...